Mental illness touches us all
• Half of our population will experience a mental health issue.
• A person attempts suicide every 2 seconds and dies from suicide every 40 seconds.
• There is the potential for suicides to rise by up to 30% during and for years after the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided.
• Approximately 84% of all deaths from suicide around the world occur in the working age population (15-64 yo).
• Mental health conditions cost Australian workplaces AU $17 billion (US $13.6 billion) every year through absenteeism and lost productivity.